Business Development Manager Wolters Europe
Wolters Europe is a family owned business that develops and produces particle foam solutions. These solutions are used in multiple sectors, as end product, assembled or as packaging.
Expanded foams involves critical processes that call for strict and consistent quality control from beginning to end. With more than 60 years of experience, modern facilities in The Netherlands and Czech Republic and a team of motivated employees, we are committed to delivering visible added value.
Wolters Europe is searching for a Business Development Manager, that finds new solutions for our current loyal customers, and develops its portfolio and markets in the Benelux, Germany, Czech Republic and the middle of Europe in general. This female or male manager identifies opportunities and adds more value in new and existing markets. Wolters Europe is looking for an open-minded executive, with drive and a commercial mindset, that finds new territories, solutions and alternatives. Acting on group and management level. We’d like to meet you!
Wolters Europe is continuously exploring new opportunities and solutions within packaging, food, computer and tech, household, automotive and some other market segments. This requires careful research and analysis of these markets and our current and future production processes. Our strategic focus is to find multiple solutions and alternatives for our current clients and where possible enter new businesses.
In this role you are responsible for generating new revenue and expanding our customer base in new potential markets. We’re looking for someone with knowledge and experience in ideally the world of packaging and/or plastics. You work remote or hybrid. From there, you’ll help us to identify commercial opportunities and stay on top of new market developments. You’re equally passionate about building valuable long-term partnerships and diving into the research and developments within the plastics and packaging, for example sustainable innovations.
Our team and business is steady, but still expanding! As our Business Development Manager for new markets you’re not only conducting research, but also making the first contact and building relationships with (potential) clients. You offer your expertise to prospects and have a seat at their table as their sparring partner. You know how to create new ways of thinking to develop solutions for our current and potential new clients. This all to strengthen our customers, solve their problems, improve their business and make them more successful. You have an international network in plastics and/or packaging.
Required skills and qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience in plastics and/or packaging.
- A relevant education, Bachelor or master degree;
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Good business knowledge
- Negotiation skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- A good grasp of numbers and the ability to write documents in a professional style
- Organizational skills
- A hunger to stay up to date with economic matters
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to keep objectives and goals firmly in sight
- The ability to remain flexible and seek alternative options to problems
- Problem solving skills
Your main tasks and responsibilities.
- Keeping up to date with economic and business developments throughout the working day
- Keeping up to date with overall business trends
- Performing research into the market, customer trends, and competition in the market
- Using quantitative and qualitative techniques to collect useful information
- Deciding whether or not this research is useful and using it as necessary
- Preparing detailed business plans which cover relevant goals and objectives
- Looking after the company’s financial statements and allocating those resources as appropriate
- Liaising with other professionals in the company and in other companies, including account managers
- Networking with employees from other companies and potential customers
- Attending workshops and trade fairs
- Open and hybrid/remote working environment
- Competitive salary (€4k – 6k depends on experience) and a car are part of the package!
- Collaborative and motivated team
- 25 days holiday (possibility to buy 10 days extra per year!)
- Friday afternoon drinks & stay fit with our fresh fruit and vitality budget