Working at Wolters Europe.
Do you want to work on the most innovative solutions that help our international clients distinguish themselves even more from the competition? Are you not a follower, but do you want to take initiative in our dynamic market? Are you looking for a great deal of diversity in a growing company with a history going back more than 60 years? And do you want to work in a young and enthusiastic team in an informal atmosphere? Then perhaps you are our new colleague!
For our Czech Republic based company (Pardubice area) we are looking for an experienced manager of the financial/HR and IT department.
Company is active in foam plastics (EPP and EPS), active in packaging , food and automotive sector. Turnover of 20 million Euro’s.
The experienced finance manager should undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budgets and forecasts preparation, plus managing HR-department and possible IT-department.
The finance manager is also involved in development of internal policies and procedures in close corporation with the group financial controller in the Dutch holding company. Will support the executive management team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the company.
Will be part of the management team, will include management and support of the financial, HR and IT department in day to day operations.
The finance manager engages in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, inventory, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance.
1. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures;
2. Manage the team, a number of 6-8 staff, including invoicing, accounts receivables, accounts payable, cost accounting, inventory accounting, HR and revenue recognition;
3. Responsible for financial risk management;
4. Oversee the operations of the finance and HR department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives;
1. Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds
2. Manage the preparation of the company’s budget
3. Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
4. Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
Financial Analysis and reporting
1. Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
2. Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
3. Prepare monthly financial statements;
4. Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
5. Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing
6. Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
1. Oversee the extension of credit to customers;
2. Responsible for coordinating the external financial audit
3. Contact person for banking operations
All financial staff, including bookkeeping, payroll accounting, cost controller.
Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to have limited travel.
Qualifications and requirements
The finance manager candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience and 5-10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
Good managerial capabilities.
Good communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to corporate management.
Good knowledge of tax aspects such as Czech VAT and corporate income taxes, including completion of regular tax declarations.
Should have excellent knowledge of ERP accounting software systems and administration skills. Preferable Navision;
Should be fluent in Czech and English language.
Keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data.